Sunday, October 5, 2014


                       DAY HIKE TO NAGARJUN

   

  Sunday 24th August we had been taken to Nagarjun National Park for a day hike .We were about ninety students and four teachers. The place was very beautiful and clean. I could see greenery everywhere. Tresses were so tall we barely see anything above.  We started to climb the stairs. The stair was quite slipper as it rained the other night. There was so much to walk but it was easy as there were many friends around. The big problem was the leeches and mosquitoes, which were everywhere and troubling everyone.  As we walked I could hear girls screaming as leeches were crawling on their shoes or they had bitten them.  There were so many stairs to climb everyone seemed tired. 
  I was so overjoyed to see flat ground ahead instead of stairs. As I was walking I was talking to everyone around me. Everyone had this tired expression on his or her face. We reached a point where we all had to wait for everyone one to come. We rested for about half and hour and started walking again.  We had to walk for about one and a half hour more. I could still hear people screaming as leeches were biting them. When we reached our designation we were all very happy. We were all divided into groups and were suppose to find our spot. Mr. Vincent had taught us to use a cylinder of gas, stove and how to light it.  Each group was assigned a travel kit which contained utensils and the stove and gas cylinder. We were also given wai wai and some vegetables. I had 6 members in my group divina, tsering, Sammy, aayushma bikyat and myself. We cooked our wai wai and we had food brought as well. I had taken sandwich, tsering had brought momo, aayushma pizza, divina sausages and Sammy noodles. After the long walk everyone one was so hungry so we finished everything in about 10 minutes. Our wai wai tasted so delicious. After all the eating work was over we had to face the bad part as had to wash our own dishes and clean the place.  We took a group picture and started walking back. The walk back was much easier.
      I really enjoyed the hike to nagarjun. I will cherish the moments spent with my friends here.


                                 

 


      


No comments:

Post a Comment